Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Just discovered a pretty large praying mantis in my room. It had landed on my bed when I first saw it, I opened my windows wide hoping it would make its exit but no, it decided to fly a round before landing on the curtain grill. I started to shake the curtains vigorously, the thing panicked and it whizzed pass me nearly flying to my face. I was petrified I have to say, a phobia of things flying into my face. I really wanted to leave the darn thing alone but it was becoming a nuisance, plus it wasn’t a small one, I’m not exaggerating here but it was longer then the length of my palm. I took out some newspaper rolled it up, and bat the thing to death. It took me 4 whacks before it finally succumbed, because it was hiding behind the PC facing the wall, it wasn’t a clear shot. I threw the damn thing out the window only to discover another praying mantis, I reckon female, outside on my windowpane. I decided to shut all the windows. Think it’s breeding season and these 2 praying mantises were in the middle of courtship.

I never knew a party like this existed in Singapore. Anybody can fill me in if you have any knowledge on this strange and intriguing event.
http://www.chemistryteam.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Page Hit Counters
Fathers Day Gifts