Must have met the coolest and hippest 55 year old in my life!!!! I took a visit to an avid record collector’s unit, mom’s university classmate, retired civil servant and co organizer of Womad. What greeted us were the shelves of records that extended all the way to the rooms and kitchen. He don’t live there, but bought the unit to house his estimated 50 000 records! not kidding here! He told me 25 000 were for sale, and that they just keep coming and going. Won’t be surprised if he’s the largest collector out there, every single band I could name, he pulled out their LPs from the record shelf, anything from the 50s to the present, has a jazz and blues collection, even classical!!!! Classical records!!!!! woah!!!! I was most captivated by his rock collection from 60s psychedelic rock to progressive rock to indie. Beatles to Elvis to The Doors, The Stone Roses to Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, GNR, KISS, SOUNDGARDEN every FUCKING BAND U NAME, he got it!!!! Even WEEZER TOO!!!!! Had a glimpse of a couple of Nelly Promos he got from another collector, some RnB, hip hop here and there which he initially assume was the music i dig. ayy, but we both agreed on one thing, Rap sucks. Only thing i felt was missing was a dance archive, ironically he decided to clear the surplus LPs bought in bulk because of our visit, and in that bulk were 300 dance records in which he gave away to his friend, a bedroom jock. He said only if he knew that I was into dance music, he would have kept a box for me. Damn! He’s really the hippiiiiest 55 year old I’ll ever meet; mom told me his last romance ended while he was dating this 22 year old chick! Really young at heart, owned a Zouk membership at the age of 50. He fucking knows his music to every genre's roots, respect to the man, hands down.
Oh and I trash everyone’s arse at the badminton court just now, didn’t leave my side of the court for a good 25 minutes or so. 5 sets straight!!!! Tennis tomorrow I hope!
stomach is growling again.. hung over!!!!

1 Comments:
nahhhh beiiii!!!! i play for primary school team. we were district champs!
Post a Comment
<< Home